Links to Scholarship Sources
Some scholarships are given to students because of financial need, but many simply award the student's talents
such as academics or music. Begin looking for scholarships as early as possible because many awards have early deadlines. An important thing to remember while conducting your
search is to research the company, group or club offering the scholarship to be sure you do not fall victim to a scholarship scam. If you have questions,
or for more college planning advice contact your
guidance counselor or visit the
Scholarship Scam Alert.
- To apply for student financial aid from the federal government, including the Pell Grant, Perkins Loan, Stafford
Loan and work-study, you will need to submit the
Free Application for Federal Student Aid
(FAFSA). There is no
charge for submitting this form. The FAFSA is also required by all state
and many school student assistance programs.
Some private colleges and universities will require one or more supplemental forms to obtain
information not included on the FAFSA. They may have their own forms or they may ask you to complete the College Board's
CSS PROFILE FORM.
PHEAA - If you want to go to college,
Pennsylvania can help you pay for it.
Pa. Masonic Youth Foundation Educational Endowment Fund Website, Details & form
L.C.C. - Lackawanna College
Community Opportunity Scholarships
FastWeb - FastWeb is the oldest and most popular online scholarship matching service. FastWeb's
free college scholarship search database is updated frequently.
ScholarSite.com - Allows you to search for scholastic financial aid quickly and accurately,
without forcing you to lose time and privacy by entering personal information.
FastAID.COM - FREE College Scholarship Search and student loan info. You will find scholarships
here that you won't find anywhere else.
College Connection Scholarships
- Free scholarships added to this site every month, since 1995, for undergraduate, graduate and international students.
College Scholarships and Fellowships for Minorities and Women
- College, graduate school and postgraduate financial aid for African Americans, Aleuts, Eskimos, Hispanics, Micronesians, Native Americans, Polynesians, and women.
AES Education Planner Scholarship Search
- Provides guidance to students about planning for college attendance.
Penn State Scholarship Search
University of Scranton Scholarship Search
Other Scholarship Databases
College Search Databases
- BrokeScholar: This site offers access to a database of more than 650,000 scholarships worth $2.5 billion.
- CareerInfoNet: Search more than 5,000 scholarships, fellowships, loans, and other financial aid opportunities.
- CareersandColleges: Search more than 1.8 million scholarships worth $7 billion.
- College Answer: An award database that contains more than 2.9 million scholarships worth more than $16 billion, and is expanded and updated daily.
- CollegeBoard Scholarship Search: A database of more than 2,300 sources of college funding, totaling nearly $3 billion in available aid.
- CollegeData: Use the Scholarship Finder search engine to search 500,000 awards worth more than $2.3 billion.
- CollegeNet/Mach 25: This site offers a database of $1.6 billion in scholarships.
- CollegeScholarships:Links to more than 2,500 career schools, online degree programs, and colleges.
- CollegeToolKit: Search scholarships by geography, heritage, religion, family affiliation or extracurriculars.
- eCampusTours: A scholarship search that contains a database of more than 10,000 scholarship programs that distribute awards worth more than $36 million.
- Financial Aid Officer: A scholarship database listing scholarships worth $1.45 billion.
- FindTuition: A listing of more than $7 billion in scholarships and grants.
- FreeScholarshipGuide: A comprehensive guide to more than 4,000 scholarships worth more than $10 million.
- ImmediateScholarships: In 30 seconds, this site matches students to scholarships ranging from $500 to $50,000.
- Nelnet College Planning: This tool offers more than 1.7 million awards totaling nearly $8 billion.
- NextStudent: This tool allows you to search an online database of more than 69,000 college funding sources comprised of more than 5.9 million individually awarded scholarships valued at more than $16 billion.
- Scholarship Experts: Search 2.4 million scholarships worth more than $14 billion.
- ScholarshipMonkey: Allows individuals to match their profile and access information to more than 1 million undergraduate, graduate and professional scholarship awards worth in excess of $3 billion from greater than 4,000 sources.
- ScholarSite: Search detailed and up-to-date information on approximately 600,000 financial aid opportunities.
- ShopSleuth Ultimate Guide: This site claims to be The Ultimate Scholarship Resource Guide.
- StudentAid.ed.gov: This site, sponsored by the U.S. Department of Education, offers an online scholarship help.
- StudentScholarships.Org: Sponsored by StudentScholarships.org (highly service oriented)
- Zinch.com: This site will match you to $1.9 billion in scholarships and financial aid.
- CollegeSurfing.com: Browse by zip code and career interest to find the best possible college for you.
- InsideCollege.com: Get the inside stats and facts about colleges right for you.
- MatchCollege.com : Check out this free college search site for information on admissions, financial aid, tuition and more.
- UndergradZone.com: Get ready for college with these college and test prep checklists.